Tofu broccoli bowl with miso dressing and kimchi
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 cup brown rice
400g firm tofu
3 tbsp tahini
2 heaped tsp brown miso paste
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp agave nectar
3 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp kimchi
A pinch of chilli flakes
2 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp dulce flakes (optional)
- Put the brown rice in a saucepan with 2 cups of boiling water, bring to the boil then cover with a lid and turn down to a low heat. Simmer for 25 minutes (or according to packet instructions)
- While the rice is cooking, make the sauce. Add the miso paste, agave nectar, soy sauce, tahini, rice wine vinegar and 4 tbsp of water to a bowl. Mix together and add a little more water if needed.
- Press the water out of the tofu using a tea towel / kitchen roll, then chop into 4 thick slices.
- Place the tofu slices into a non stick frying pan (you can use a little sesame / coconut oil if desired) then cook on a medium to high heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- While the tofu cooks and the broccoli to a different frying pan and stirfry for about 7 minutes on a medium to high heat.
- Once everything is ready add to a bowl and drizzle over the miso dressing. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes, sesame seeds and dulce and add the kimchi on the side. Eat and enjoy 🙂